View Single Post
Old Jan 2nd, 2019, 23:40   #9
classicswede
Trader Volvo in my veins

Just some quotes to show its not a one off post on the hate towards LPG conversions

Quote:
Originally Posted by XC90Mk1 View Post
You won’t aave a great deal, it will run hot and stress the engine and will be temperamental all the time. Just give it a miss.
Quote:
I can only convey my experience from half a dozen vehicles which never over their life ever ran properly and were unreliable.

Its not something that I would get involved with.

Each to their own, mine is first hand experience and its not worth the hassle. If you could pay £1500 to £2000 loads of people would have taken it up (I would have 2 off petrol cars running LPG).

As it is I have never been in an LPG car without the EML illuminated or starting issues or problems switching from petrol to LPG.

Quote:

In my experience you will do so much better leaving the lpg out of the equation. They never work properly.
Quote:
See my above posts and basically don’t bother.
Quote:
I have been in Range Rovers (several), omega, Passat and several other cars with LPG, the main issue is that I believe (not joking) that they would ALL have the EML on frequently which is now an MOT failure.

The rAnge rovers in particular had pretty much no boot left and you could not fold the seats due to the massive tanks in the boot with gauge and pipe work all in the cabin with the passengers which I really thought looked rubbish and I wouldn’t want.

Leaks and install problems/misfire.

The donut tanks seemed to fit the wheel well ok but offered app Awfull Range.

I have no axe to grind or motive here, all I can do it pass on my experience if leaks, poor running, constant management light. The OP is looking at fitting this to a modern vehicle and frankly I think that unless EVERY part of the installation is perfect there will be problems.

On a seperate not lpg offers poor lubrication and high running temperatures. I wonder how your valve seats look compared to a petrol and how much you would have saved if you paid for the install?
Quote:
I have been in a lot of lpg vehicles and to be honest I would say that’s normal.EML illuminates all the time, smell of gas, poor running. And all so you can save 10 quid a week whilst paying out hundreds in repairs.

When will people learn!
classicswede is offline   Reply With Quote