View Single Post
Old Oct 12th, 2018, 10:39   #25
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Yobbo - true that, AWD is slightly more heavy but there is also some difference in saloon vs estate.
as per wiki:

V50
AWD:
1,560–1,590 kg

S40
FWD:
1,445–1,520 kg

not sure why there is 2 weights provided per car.

There are some looses on drivetrain I suppose but not sure if that matter for 30-85 acceleration, probably more for 0-60.
(I will gladly take it any time of a day, just today I was doing some experimenting with haldex disengaged and in FWD mode that car drives like a rabid hamster with dstc off, heh, never thought it makes SUCH a difference on daily basis, byt thats just by OT)

FunkyMelon - autobox? mine is Manual, same as Dom's, not sure if thats what you meant also bear in mind that his is S40 mine is V.
that T4 of yours - holy smokes, that thing goes!! (or did go), know everyone says it felt quicker in comparison to T5, that just proves the point.
I get what you say ref catback and IC, maybe I worded it incorrectly - even if it doesnt increase HP as per se, I think it does help to gain better results either by increased boost and flow etc. In general - its a performance upgrade I guess

Welton - many thanks for checking! Do you happen to remember what revs you got on 3rd ?
The Following User Says Thank You to LizardOfBodom For This Useful Post: