View Single Post
Old Jul 8th, 2022, 13:26   #1
Hoggy32

Default V40 failed MOT (Need advice)

So I took my V40 to a regular MOT and it failed on some stuff, I managed to fix all of them (so I thought..) one of the thing was the SRS warning light was on.

This was due to a write underneath my seat cut, this is also connected to the seat belt reminder. I also found some other guy with the same issue (https://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showt...=201264&page=2)

Anyway, I removed the seat and fixed the wire. The SRS light did go away and seat belt reminder working perfectly fine. So I took it to another MOT test and they failed me on SRS being faulty this time.

So SRS light comes on on ignition and off when you start the car, but if you do this repeatedly, some times, when it's in ignition the SRS is not turned on... And they said that it should always be on when it's in ignition. I have a VIDA and there is nothing about the SRS...

Another issue I have is the handbrake not being good enough, they said left side was not good at all. How do I adjust the handbrake, is there any guide? Is there a way to determine if it's the wire or brakepad gone bad? (I did adjust the handbrake through the centerconsole which you are not supposed to do, but that didn't help it)

Last edited by Hoggy32; Jul 8th, 2022 at 13:34.
Hoggy32 is offline   Reply With Quote