View Single Post
Old Sep 12th, 2017, 12:39   #42
skidje
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Edwin View Post
Very interesting re LED thank you. I have fitted Bosch plus 120 bulbs. Simpler and far more likely to be OK.

"chrome effect vinyl car wrap material" is a new concept thingy to me. That sounds interesting. I can see the possible problem with tape thank you.

By the way, Derek did clearly point out that the tape needs to be smoothed. Nice and smooth with no bubbles. Perhaps maybe easier with the car wrap material.

But for myself I don't see the point of investing the time, effort and frustration in dismantling the headlamps, someohow re using the old seal, the old metal clips and the old plastic mounting clips, and just patching up the old relfectors. Cleaning it all up and putting it together again.

Not for me. I replaced the reflectors et al.
I fully agree when talking about reflectors from 81-onwards. These modern ones can be bought for 50-60 eur or thereabouts.

But I have a couple of these rectangular models of 1979-1980 which cannot be found anywhere anymore. The chrome wrapping sounds interesting to me or else polishing and spraying. Wonder whether anyone ever did this to these obsolete units. Checked all post in this topic but couldn't find any pics.
skidje is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to skidje For This Useful Post: