Thread: warranty claims
View Single Post
Old Nov 20th, 2017, 00:08   #12
id5
Premier Member

The good thing is that everyone has admitted a problem exists but I think you are caught up in the middle of people and businesses trying to do the right thing.

You do have the option to reject but they also have the option to go to arbitration as they have recognised that there is a fault and have taken steps to resolve the problem. From what you have written it does not make the car unsafe or derivable. If I was Toyota I would go down this route as it would be the most cost effective solution. Sadly it does not help you forward.

The warranty most likely has written terms and conditions attached that have a grace period where they do not have to pay out until that period has expired. This is not unheard and protects them from the some false claims and would take you to about the 19th before they pay out. Again they are I think trying to do the right thing because they have accepted that there is a warranty claim.

The Volvo dealer has given you a courtesy car and they did not need to do that but have done the right thing and now that there is a question of payment want that car back as is their right. I suspect that by contract Toyota do not have to give you a courtesy car, and if you check the T&C's I expect that nobody else has to either. Again, everybody has tried to do the right thing.

To be honest I would ring Toyota tomorrow, ask to speak to the Dealer Principle, explain that you think that everybody has tried to help but regardless it has gone wrong but the car has been fixed and if Toyota could provide either the payment until the insurer pays out or a temporary courtesy car then everyone will think that everyone is doing the right thing and everyone can move forward.
id5 is offline   Reply With Quote