View Single Post
Old Jul 23rd, 2019, 23:37   #2
sv70

Just an update to what the problem was,i re-checked all the timing side of things which meant removing a fair bit of stuff,after satisfying myself that was all ok i decided to ask-you tube on priming the fuel injection pump and a great pointer by j33ffw-sounds like a good yorkshire lad put me straight in he had trouble in starting the car after he de-coked the plastic inlet manifold and swirl flaps etc,anyway he said first pull off the fuel supply pipe to the pump and turn the ignition for 30 secs to purge the fuel to start spurting out of this pipe-i had to do this several times before a good gush came,then re-connect and switch ignition on for approx 30 secs to pressurise the system-3 times,then crank engine over a few times,then crack off each injector pipe union as someone is cranking the motor,maybe a couple of times,and it should fire.In my case i did many times because i didn't prime the supply pipe initially,but after following this advice my engine started and is now fine,by the way i found 5 lifters were kerput-2 on inlet and 3 exhaust,[really sloppy with no resistance] all the rockers were fine,engine sounds like a guden again.
sv70 is offline   Reply With Quote