View Single Post
Old Nov 18th, 2020, 20:49   #13
1monkey600

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjmd View Post
Thanks for all the replies! They were/are really helpful.
At the moment I'm targeting a 2014 Volvo V70 with 224.634 km full service history, 2.0 133 kW 181 hp. Last maintenance on 04/23/2020 at 211,032 KM
I think it has full extras! We'll see if I can get this deal.

So a friend of mine will be having a look for me, as the car is in germany. it's seems pretty nice. but what should we look for as common faults or questions about maintenance?
THANKS!

It sounds as though it may have the 4 cylinder VEA engine. If that is the case you need to check the situation regarding the EGR valve/cooler.
There are a few posts in this v/xc70 forum regarding VEA egr issues but you need to look into the v/xc60 forum as well where this engine is much more common - it has nearly 1500 replies to a single post on there.

There have been a few recalls (primarily software updates) over the last couple of years to try and counteract problems stemming from the egr cooler. You at least need to know if the egr cooler has been updated and has the re-routed pipework, etc. - there are photos in the xc60 forum on what to look for. (This was usually done for free if the car developed a fault but at six years and 225k kms this is probably unlikely now).
If the car is cheap enough and you can DIY it is fairly straightforward to clean it (videos on youtube)if it clogs up again but it is better if it has already been updated.

I am in Belgium and have the same engine in my MY16 xc70. EGR and cooler were changed in 2018 and been fine since. Currently approaching 200k kms
1monkey600 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1monkey600 For This Useful Post: