Thread: Engine: B5244: - S80 OBD Code P0172
View Single Post
Old Dec 2nd, 2015, 10:09   #16
Bernard46

I'm a mathematician by background and have 35 years experience in the computer industry so I'm reasonably familiar with data, sensors, computing devices and how they work. What I'm looking for is some insight into what the normal readings for this vehicle should look like and therefore where the deviations are - that way one can start to home in on the problem. I accept the tool may be defective but again I've no reason to suspect that - its a Creader VI by the way. Also I don't know whether it would be reasonable for this particular model (MY2001 S80 petrol) to hold off showing a DTC until it had done some additional testing (perhaps the problem has to occur several times and codes are only shown on engine start-up?).

Are you able to tell me whether the ECU will hold off displaying diagnostic codes until it has conducted several tests and is likely to shown them only at engine startup?

Would you care to comment on the readings I have shown above and earlier in terms of whether they look 'normal' or are they all 'wrong looking' or just partially odd?

Any specific help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bernard46 is offline   Reply With Quote