Thread: General: - E46 Bi-Xenon (budget) retrofit
View Single Post
Old Feb 10th, 2017, 10:19   #9
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannaton View Post
That looks great, the results look better than mine but I think that is mostly down to the crap lamps I've got. They're supposed to be 5000k (OEM colour) but they look bluey green to me. The rainbow effect at the cut off point is caused by refraction - I don't think you will be able to get rid of it unless you move the baffle out of the focal point but this will give you a blurry cut off.
I will try to fiddle little more with shutter adjustment - I did notice the rainbow effect is increasing or decreasing with manually moving the shutter adjuster so will spend more time on that during weekend.
Your H1 projectors on another hand should give much wider light spread - I have read comparison reviews and general rule is that E46 are brighter but mini H1 are wider.

Tip about your bulb colour - very often it is not the bulb issue but crappy ballast! I can vouch for that as just 2 weeks ago one of my kensun ballasts failed. To test where the issue was, I replaced it with an old noname chineese cr** that I had in my spare parts box. The output of the bulb changed from pure white 5000k to something that resembled 8000k boyracer blue. I was actually shocked as didnt think ballasts can differ so much - kinda thought the output is always the same as those are chip-controlled modules. What ballasts are you using?