View Single Post
Old Jul 16th, 2011, 18:38   #21
bus

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathrider311271 View Post
hi guys

As some of u will know i have been on a mission to find a cheaper way of changing the ETM to the latter (yeloow sticker) item without having to pay £200+ for this well known fault.

Well today was the big day, i found a replacement ETM (yellow sticker) fitted it, job done in about an hour, then the moment of truth will this work or not?
Turned engine over cough, splutter, then to my relief it settled down took for a test drive all problems gone.

The only thing i will say is i used one off the same model as i have altho it was a 98 "S" reg as apposed to a 99 "T" reg, and also it was an auto mine is a manual. Once all finished i took the car for an extended test drive (200 miles approx) and it runs perfect now.

To sum up if you are thinking of doing the same make sure the replacement ETM comes off the same ENGINE model as yours, as far as i can tell you wont go far wrong.

Just one last thing the replacement only cost me £50, if anyone needs one mail me as i can get hold of a few more at this price, obviously postage is extra, im not looking to make any money out of this just cover the costs of the ETM and postage

any further questions either post here or mail me

cheers

simon
hi, need one , 2001 t5, soon as possible please,
bus is offline   Reply With Quote