View Single Post
Old Nov 10th, 2019, 23:47   #6
mangobob

Default D5252T Cold Start problem

I’ve taken my car to have the codes read,both garages were unable to get into the ECU using Snapon equipment even though power was showing at their sockets.I seem to have an issue with the ECU ?.Without rectifying this problem I will be unable to sort out the pump timing.Engine lost power mid week,that turned out to be the MAF.I’d only just replaced this with a Hitachi part.Anyway i thought this might be causing the starting problem and have replaced it.No such luck.I have replaced the glow plugs but I need to check I have power going to them.Chap at the garage said it maybe the glow plug relay.I have found this in the right hand side fuse box and I’ve listened to this on start up but cannot here it clicking.Maybe I can replace it with a new one using a process of elimination?
Is this possible?.I know it’s said the glow plugs only operate at low temps but according to articles I’ve read they are crucial to cold starting of the Diesel engine.Cold starting is my issue because once it’s warm it starts first turn with no hesitation.
Not sure why I can’t read the ECU as In the past Snapon units have read codes,perhaps the socket has a fault?,or is there a small fuse within the ECU?
Thanks again
Rob
mangobob is offline   Reply With Quote