View Single Post
Old Sep 15th, 2019, 21:18   #69
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDTWENTY View Post
That makes sense as to why I can't find much from searching around on the internet, I can find post 94 ones for the newer 940's which I was wondering if they would work, the only thing I can tell is different from a quick look is that it has a plug connector rather than nuts for the wires but will look at flows and pressure perhaps.

Not as simple as that! The Mk2 940s had a single pump only so will give too much pressure into the underbody pump.

It may be then that I have to order the one from America, I just rather get one from England as it would be quicker and if it was wrong could always send it back but its looking like this is my only option! thanks for that document too!

You're welcome on the document, another member needed an in-tank pump for a 940, eventually got one from Volvo for ŁOUCH and it took about two weeks to arrive if memory serves - Rock Auto is just as quick!

I saw a video on youtube of someone that removes it and he made it look easy! haha just thought I would get it out as I'm going to anyway, that way I could check for part numbers and see what it looks like to match it to a new one and double check it has gone. Might try filling the tank up and see if the problem eases or goes with more fuel to help pin point this as an issue first.

It's easy when you've done it a few times - not so when you first try! Also if you do fill the tank and it doesn't run, you've got to be able to empty that extra fuel out to do the job so you're not breathing a lot of petrol fumes while you change the pimp. It's not nice!
Given this appears to have happened suddenly, i'd say the pump gave up the ghost suddenly.

I will try this in the morning and see if the problem improves, this way I should know for sure if its the pump.

do you mean because I can run the tank above half way and not pay for the pump haha

Not a wise move as it puts undue stress on the main pump. Previous owner of mine did that, i was lucky in that the underbody pump was good enough to keep the thing going when the level dropped but eventually those were the clues that the in-tank pump was FUBAR - it would cut out for no apparent reason, difficult starting, would idle but not rev, not even bringing the revs up slowly/gently. That was why i fitted the NRV as a test, to see if it was dropping pressure back to the tank when it shouldn't. That further exposed the in-tank pump as the culprit.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laird Scooby For This Useful Post: