View Single Post
Old May 17th, 2013, 14:23   #3
Shadeyman
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by outnumbered View Post
vid one depending where you have that gauge hooked into should show a vac at least 25hg on idle to the inport to the Tcv from the out port of the TCV you should have at idle 25hg pads on, above 1500 rpm no vac to out port of Tcv pads off.if there is a pad leak it can effect the vanes on the turbo and cause that code
mike
I had the gauge hooked up where the red arrow is in the diagram for all tests, on the vac side of the TCV. With the TCV and engine mounts completely disconnected I got 38/39hg. With the TCV and engine mounts reconnected I got 3.5hg until I pinched the pipes leading to the engine mounts. Pinching the pipe to the front engine mount made no difference, pinching the pipe to the rear engine mount caused the gauge to increase to 5/6hg.

Just done a couple more tests, no vids this time, had to be quick.

No TCV or engine mounts connected at 3000rpm I got a reading of 58hg.

Reconnected the TCV and engine mounts, gauge connected after the TCV(engine mount side) at tickover I got 10hg this time. Soon as the revs hit 1000rpm the gauge dropped to 2hg and stayed there right the way up to 3000rpm.

The TCV was hot to touch after only a few minutes of the engine running, surely that's not right?

So in conclusion, the car has a slight leak on the rear engine mount(or its pipe) and a faulty TCV?
Shadeyman is offline   Reply With Quote