Thread: Heated Screen
View Single Post
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 16:21   #1
James77

Default Heated Screen

Hi

One of my Volvos is a 2016 V40 it has an electric front screen that has had a malfunction since I've had it (from new).

The screen heats up but leaves 2 vertical patches that clear either far slower than the rest of the screen (or not at all I'm not sure).

I've had the car into the dealer and the screen was replaced under warranty, unfortunately I still get the stripes in the same location and if anything the situation is slightly worse.

I had the car in again and they apparently ran all sorts of tests to ensure the current was right elements work as they should so from a technician point of view it's all fine, but I still have the issue.

I had hoped the dealer would throw me a couple of hundred quid as a good will and I'd accept it but they want to resolve the issue. Frankly I'm fed up with tooling over to Guildford but at the same time if I've paid for something I want it to work.

Has anyone experienced this?

Reason I'm also posting on XC60 page is it's likely an issue not restricted to the V40 any other Volvo with the electric screen might have the same peculiarity!

Image attached.

Thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181214_073057.jpg (193.7 KB, 74 views)
James77 is offline   Reply With Quote