View Single Post
Old Feb 16th, 2019, 18:58   #25
Laird Scooby
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian21401 View Post
Will SWMBO allow that on the mantel piece? Way back one of my mates had old pistons as ashtrays, upside down with the lower part cut off half way down the gudgeon pin hole.
When daughter was looking for her first car back in 1993, she bought a used Ford Orion with a carb. At that time any car with fuel injection was much more expensive to insure.
At the moment she doesn't get a say in the matter as we don't live together - by the time that happens, if i do win the lottery and have a "trophy" pair of twin carbs all polished up on the mantelpiece i might have trained her to appreciate them - i hope!

Reading your answer, i should have been a bit more specific when i said any car i owned since 1990 - i meant to say registered from that date on. Also owned a few registered as early as 1979 with fuel injection - i still owned a few cars in the 90s (and even a couple in the noughties) with carbs but they were generally older cars.

Next Door to Top-Gun with a Honda CR-V & S Type Jag Volvo gone but not forgotten........
Laird Scooby is offline   Reply With Quote