View Single Post
Old May 8th, 2019, 21:53   #5
anotherv60
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johngalloway View Post
For my 2018 XC 40 R Design Sensus navigation, I have my new map update loaded onto a USB stick. The update installation starts as expected when the stick is inserted with the car sensus display active but how on earth can I keep the display active to allow the full update to load without running the engine? The Sensus display doesn't stay on in ignition position 0 with the car parked and even if I leave it on ignition position 1 it switches off after a short while.

I cannot find any way in the manual or online to get round this.

John Galloway, Scotland. UK
Hi John,

I have a 3 Data sim in the V90 which allows for the maps to be downloaded automatically over the 3G/4G network - the sims are £40 for 24 GB and they last for up to 2 years. It works really well and it also enables other features on the maps - i.e. live traffic, the ability to ask to find a coffee shop on route along with enabling spotify and the other apps.

You just need to make sure the update option is selected in the menu to use these features on the go - the other option is to connect your car your local WIFI and update the maps that way, but you have to leave the car unlocked for this to work or sit in it for 30+minutes.