View Single Post
Old May 15th, 2022, 14:03   #9
T5R92011
FCW Auto Service

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvo6 View Post
Thanks for that, I think I had already found your video when researching the issue. Was the car showing an codes in your case?

The engine relay is certainly on the list of things to eliminate but I have a feeling it's not that - my understanding is that without the relay the injectors don't fire? When I took the plugs out to check them there seemed to be plenty of fuel in the cylinders.

At the moment I get a brief rise in RPM as if it is catching but then it dies. If I keep cranking it doesn't do anything. From my research it could be the ignition antenna ring, also on the list to check are coil, rotor and cam sensor. But I've decided to try and read codes before throwing any more parts at it.
Could well be antenna ring but just to completely eliminate the video i mentioned, can you hear the fuel pump switching on when you put key in Position II? On my car, there was total silence even after replacing the fuel pump AND the fuel pump replay. So I knew the issue had to be further upstream, so swapped the main engine relay out, and boom, fuel pump now getting 12 volts.

Keep at it, not too many things left to try.