View Single Post
Old May 16th, 2022, 17:30   #30
BigGreenThing

Well folks,

This response isn't exactly "cliff hanger" stuff I'm afraid, and neither is it "rocket science" nor a "silver bullet solution" either.

What is a "miracle" is that the Volvo Dealer didn't charge me anything! Fantastic!

All steering and brake components were checked for integrity and wear and tear: no issues found. I watched them do it too.

As full four wheel alignment was completed in Feb, they did not re-do this.

Regarding steering hydraulic fluid - Volvo service recommendations did not advise nor recommend a change. Using a pipette, a small sample was taken (and replaced). The fluid was as it should be visually (kinda greeny colour).

Tyres were checked for irregularities (none found). Tyre pressure checked (again). As the tyres are v new - they didn't consider rotating tyres.

What they DID find was a few weights had fallen off front nearside tyre. They balanced all 4 tyres...and car's steering is now 99% back to normal. There is no steering wheel judder either. The 1% abnormal is me being over sensitised to the problem (probably).....and most likely camber on the road.

So, there you have it chaps. Thankfully, for now, it was fine and cost nowt (which is generally how I like things to be)!
The Following User Says Thank You to BigGreenThing For This Useful Post: