Thread: Intro to T4
View Single Post
Old May 6th, 2019, 20:29   #2
clarkey1984
Premier Member

Welcome to the 40 series club, great cars aren't they, I'm on my third, my first one was what I believe the colour you're describing is which is autumn gold, how they came up with that name I don't know as it's more of a burnt orange than anything.

The 2002 t4 in my signature is car number 2 and is waiting for it's replacement engine to be fitted, currently in car number 3, which is a visually similar but non turbo so not nearly as much fun.

All three of mine were (and are) hovering close to the 200k mark during my ownership and they really are pretty bulletproof, just make sure oil changes are done frequently (I don't know the specified service intervals, I do mine every 10k) and you won't go far wrong, I usually use shell helix 5w30 fully synthetic as it's one of the best specced but the 3rd car is now on 5w30 magnatec because it was on half price at tescos.

Oh yeah, not sure of the turbo powered cars are affected, but check the lower radiator hose, clip, as the one from the factory wasn't stainless and they can rust through and fall off, which blows the hose off, resulting in all the coolant being shed in quite spectacular fashion, I had it happen in my first one, it's amazing how quickly you can whack cable ties around a hose and pour evian spring water into a header tank when you're very nearly going to be late for a really important training course