View Single Post
Old Sep 25th, 2016, 12:31   #15
cheshired5
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoffrey Cole View Post
Hi Simon

I'm having some gearbox issues on a 00' V70 T5 at the moment and have been told to look into VIDA software to possibly diagnose the problem.

I was pointed in your direction and was wondering if you could advise me on what will be required for me to get it up and running??

What software??
What hardwire??

I have an old Dell laptop running Windows XP so could I use that??

Many thanks
Ben
Hi Ben.

I've come into using Vida relatively late so have mainly used 2014d which is only for Windows 7 Professional.

I'm sure there's a list somewhere of the Vida versions that run on XP and you would then need to check the system requirements for those.
You would then need a compatible Dice unit that works with that version of Vida.
The Dice units I sell have the latest firmware to run with Vida 2014d and I don't know if they can work with older Vida versions on XP.
If someone has used a latest Dice on an older Vida, hopefully they will comment.

If your XP laptop has 3gb ram minimum and 30gb free HDD space after the operating system is loaded, you could upgrade to Windows 7 Professional for £15 from these guys then load Vida 2014d

There can be many variables with Vida and Dice so I only sell versions which are tested and definitely work together.
This is why everyone who has bought from me has a fully working setup and can just get on with fixing their cars.
See also my Dice thread here.

Hope that helps.