View Single Post
Old May 9th, 2020, 15:06   #8
mister grimsdale

Quite by chance, I've been chasing a radio code recently too. There are various (mostly very old) posts about contacting the dealer or downloading software. Most of the links to software are now dead, but I found a couple which still worked. They set the anti-virus off; and when I ran them in a virtual machine they gave wrong answers anyway.

So having plenty of time on my hands just at the moment, I dug into the coding a bit. If you can be bothered to do a bit of light dismantling, you should be able to reconstruct the code from the block of diodes on the main circuit board (see pics)

To get to them you need to take the top cover off and remove the cassette deck -- disconnect the two electrical connectors and undo four screws at the corners and it can be eased out.

Read off the diodes, putting a 1 if there's a diode present and a 0 if there's no diode, in the order d10,d11,d12 d6,d7,d8 d2,d3,d4 d9,d5,d1. That gives you four groups of three. In the picture, for example, that's 011 110 011 101.

Convert each of the groups of three from binary to decimal; 4 x (first position) + 2 * (second) + (third). If a group comes out as 0, read it as 6; if a group comes out as 7, read it as 1. That gives you your 4-digit code. More difficult to describe than to do.

Caveat: this was for a CR-905. Yours is a CR-906 but I bet it's the same. The above worked for a CR-706 that I was able to use for an additional check.

Incidentally, If any one has the CD-changer that went with the CR-905 going spare, I'd be interested.

Phil
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Diodes.jpg (380.2 KB, 16 views)
File Type: jpg Diodes2.jpg (230.4 KB, 16 views)
mister grimsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mister grimsdale For This Useful Post: