View Single Post
Old Oct 10th, 2017, 20:46   #6
Acer
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by scoobysn7x View Post
I wouldn't waste your money on a chip or tuning box, the race chips ones are very expensive and I've had issue with on fitted on a previous car, where it work fone for a few months then kept putting the car in limp mode with overfueling/fuel pressure issues, removed the tuning box and no further issues.

Any decent remap will be better than a chip and not that much more, I got my D3 remapped at a garage I trust and that was £195, and goes to 200bhp, map is brilliant transformed my C30, and not massive amount of black smoke on full throttle.
Was that a polestar remap? I thought only Volvo had access to the software. I agree that you shouldn't mess around with chips. More trouble than they are worth. I knew a bloke who had his Volvo 2.5T engine's liners split after getting it chipped.
Volvo V40 T4 Polestar Cross Country Lux Nav Auto | Volvo 19" alecto alloys | full leather | Volvo styling kit | Power seats | Xenium pack | Harman Kardon premium sound system | active bending headlights | Winter pack | Ice white
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote