View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 16:46   #7
domhart10
Volvo S40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acer View Post
Was that a polestar remap? I thought only Volvo had access to the software. I agree that you shouldn't mess around with chips. More trouble than they are worth. I knew a bloke who had his Volvo 2.5T engine's liners split after getting it chipped.
You can get your car remapped by other companies and not just the Volvo polestar map. I am not sure on your V40 but the Volvo tuner wanting a remap, tend to go towards MTE / Shark / Rica etc who actually send out remote devices for you to plug into your car and do it yourself. I think for you also Heico are an option as well (Not sure if they do remaps but they do custom work with Volvo's as well)

+1 on scoobysn7x, stay clear of tuning boxes, its just like a temporary patch and override your computers ECU .... all the ones I tried with previous cars just tend to over fuel the car.

What car did the guy have that had the liners split? most likely same engine as mine as it is known as a common problem, there is a block shim that is needed for it for just a remap and I highly doubt you will need it on yours at all.

Previous Volvo: 2008 S40 SE Lux R Design 2.0D
domhart10 is offline   Reply With Quote