View Single Post
Old Oct 24th, 2017, 19:08   #8
Acer
Master Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by domhart10 View Post
You can get your car remapped by other companies and not just the Volvo polestar map. I am not sure on your V40 but the Volvo tuner wanting a remap, tend to go towards MTE / Shark / Rica etc who actually send out remote devices for you to plug into your car and do it yourself. I think for you also Heico are an option as well (Not sure if they do remaps but they do custom work with Volvo's as well)

+1 on scoobysn7x, stay clear of tuning boxes, its just like a temporary patch and override your computers ECU .... all the ones I tried with previous cars just tend to over fuel the car.

What car did the guy have that had the liners split? most likely same engine as mine as it is known as a common problem, there is a block shim that is needed for it for just a remap and I highly doubt you will need it on yours at all.
Polestar is the only map recommended, tested and approved by Volvo. I wouldn't risk anything else on my car.
Volvo V40 T4 Polestar Cross Country Lux Nav Auto | Volvo 19" alecto alloys | full leather | Volvo styling kit | Power seats | Xenium pack | Harman Kardon premium sound system | active bending headlights | Winter pack | Ice white
Acer is offline   Reply With Quote