View Single Post
Old Aug 30th, 2019, 15:30   #4
gatos
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Holmer View Post
Nope, don't think so as I cannot find the big plug behind the radio. Thanks for the PDF, that is going to be very helpful.
What about the ones in the steering column area and the one under the engine bay fusebox?

Anyway, in case you definitely don't have them, I have helped a couple of members to retrofit the wiring, but it is a big job and will take quite a bit of time. I don't have a spare car at the moment, but a friend of mine has one with the wiring in place. I will be going there in a few weeks time, so could give a hand taking out the right bits.

Also, I saw your other post requesting the rear window power windows etc. If you have no response, then I can also help my friend remove those, and everything that is needed to get rear power windows. Helped a couple of people doing the conversion, so again, know what is needed.

See the photo below. You can see the CC wiring I removed from a car. I intentionally left the connectors and modules on, so it would be easier for the person installing them to retrofit them. The member who got these parts then used the wiring diagrams and label each connector, so they knew where everything goes. Removing is the hardest part, as the dashboard has to come out and also the entire engine bay loom. However, when installing, it is much much easier to route the wiring to the engine bay directly behind the dashboard and straight to the passengers footwell and straight out of there to the bottom of the engine bay fusebox. So you won't have to mess around trying to route the wiring all the way around the engine bay

Attached Images
File Type: jpg cruise control extra wiring.jpg (349.4 KB, 53 views)

Nullius in Verba
gatos is offline   Reply With Quote