View Single Post
Old Nov 24th, 2008, 22:27   #6
capt jack
VOC Member

Default Gas Attack

I'd reckon that if your throttle body etc was duff the car would play up on petrol as well as on gas.

If it runs OK on petrol, but won't stay switched to gas, it's probably a gas-related pressure problem.

If it runs OK on petrol, but rough on gas without switching back, it's probably an ignition-related problem - LPG doesn't tolerate ignition weaknesses, whereas petrol is more forgiving.

Main dealers are probably clueless about bifuels as they don't see them very often. Your dealer sounds worse than most though! Charging £80 to tell you they don't know what's wrong is just pathetic. Don't darken their doorway again.

I'm surprised that the indy LPG fitter are not very helpful. The bit about having no access to Volvo data is highly suspect. If you were oop north I'd have no hesitation in recommending Autogas 2000 in Thirsk. They are the UK main agents for Tartarini, and have connections with good LPG techies all over the country. Why not give them a ring and ask if they can recommend someone local to you? 01845 523 213 is the number you need!

LPG is not scary - it's actually very straightforward, just a matter of finding the right people.

Cheers

Jack
capt jack is offline   Reply With Quote