View Single Post
Old Mar 16th, 2006, 18:25   #14
setjett5
setjett5

Default hugh waugh

Hi all,
Just got off the phone with volvo,my car has been with the dealers since last week,the service manager quoted me £700 to fit a new ETM,he said it had 7 faults after the test and all were related to the ETM,he told me to contact volvo uk to see if any discount would be allowed but they have just told me they will not offer any goodwill gesture as my car has not been serviced every year since I bought it,I bought the car with 43000 on the clock and it is now getting near to 54000 when the next service is due,now the point is I live in Jersey and I have only been doing just over 3000 a year since I bought it not the average of 10000 on the mainland but volvo uk still expect me to shell out for a service every year or every 3000 which is a joke,
the car is in great nick apart from the ETM issue according to the service manager,so there you have it I will have to pay up to have a faulty part fitted which is going to cost £380 plus labour,they did offer me the upgrade when its available but she coudld,nt answer me when I told her no upgrade will fix a damaged ETM,i have been driving volvo,s for 35 years but will not be for 36 thats for sure.Volvo should be ashamed of themselves grasping at every little straw to avoid there responsabilities.Hugh.
setjett5 is offline   Reply With Quote