View Single Post
Old Nov 1st, 2011, 22:12   #25
Antz
No I'm not the redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesa240x3 View Post
Well for those of us that aren't aware of which autobox was fitted to which year car could you find out which one it has?
I only know about the AW70/71 and it seems flawless.It has had a real hard life in mine as the last owner let it run out of oil a few times rather than fix the leaking steel pipe.I drove it onto a trailer with next to none in it.And when I drained what was left in it!Well it was thinner than water and black with a strong smell of burning.Since my ownership it has had the wrong oil put in it by me.oohhpps.Drained and refilled twice since with the correct oil.Now has towed my twin axle caravan with no complaint and still going strong.It does make a small whining noise when cold but this doesn't seem to affect it any.
It may well have a Borg warner type 35 or 55 but I know nothing about these at all sorry!
Regards Brian.
Just had a look at the year of this one and I would guess it's the AW70/71 as my manual for borg warner box's is for year 1974 to 1984.
My GLT is an '88 and had the AW71 gearbox in it. It was a nice gearbox but then I only drove the car 250miles in a single day before yanking the lot out to do a engine and gearbox conversion.

Swap a T5 motor into your RWD Volvo:The Guide
Antz is offline   Reply With Quote