View Single Post
Old Jun 8th, 2018, 16:11   #4
Mark1Stu

Under a year ago I had the rear arch lips (inner and outer) forensically removed along the arch crease line to preserve the integrity and aesthetics of both flanks (I have pictures saved elsewhere of the exceptional work - the garage is known for custom fabrication work and high end nut and bolt restorations). So the rear wings are not rippled or full of filler.

This work cost me well northwards of £2,000. Some reading this looking for an exceptional car may sniff at the car having had this work. All I would say is good luck finding a 240 in your preferred colour which has no rust in the arches. Particularly when you remove the flap mouldings.

In my car's case, I noticed on buying it the inner and outer arches were just starting to expand. While I could have just had them painted up, I preferred to do it properly - buying inner arch lips and outer arches for both sides, and outer sills both sides (the rear quarter section of the sill only being used to replace the originals which were starting to go).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2408.jpg (284.9 KB, 30 views)
Mark1Stu is offline   Reply With Quote