View Single Post
Old Feb 25th, 2019, 15:41   #623
Army
marches on his stomach

Default Fuse box mounting construction

(Probably mentioned before) The plan for the fuse box is to stick it high up in the passenger foot well.

I don't really want to screw too many things through the firewall / bulkhead so I'm making up some sort of structure that can hold everything nicely in place (and allow the whole unit to be unplugged in a modular fashion so things can be added or repaired)

To start off I was thinking along the lines of a simple flat plate onto which Delrin spacers would be cut to allow space for the wires behind the fuse box and relay holders =>

I ended up deciding that that would probably be too wobbly so I've gone for a more complicated (why not?) folded sheet metal solution

Not quite sure how it will end up but at the moment as it is being designed on the fly,

Still with rubber grommets a go go I'm sure summit will 'appen in the end.

Each of the bunches of wires that are threaded through the box section have a collective grouping such as "wires for items that are always connected to the battery"; "wires that are going to go through either of two relays big for the ignition"; "ground / earth wires for relay switches"; "wires from the top row of fuses" etc etc etc

#########

I'm satisfied and happy with the OTT circuit arrangements so far.

I'm certain it doesn't normally get done this way - still what you expect when you let a rigger play with electrickery...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote