View Single Post
Old Dec 18th, 2018, 15:54   #515
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Army;

Is that official fender welt from Volvo or something a third party is offering?

...the reason I ask is that from here, that material looks like simply the standard fabric-backed vinyl sewn around a core...that is typical of what is used on edges in the interior, but I wouldn't expect to see that style of material on the exterior, where the cotton backing fabric would hold moisture (and moisture held in a seam immediately gives me a scare...!) I don't mean to rain on anybody's parade...but for exterior use, I would expect to see non-fabric backed vinyl which won't hold moisture long-term...any thoughts, or have I identified the white component wrong?

Cheers
I completely agree Ron - it is why I've been calling it silly stuff...

...I bought it from the vkv webshop here in Holland but I understand they got it from VP automotive in Sweden. If I remember correctly it is exactly the same stuff that came off the car - I'll do a picture tomorrow (assuming I can find it in the pile of "what came off")

As far as I am aware this is the stuff that Volvo used back in the day - there is a plastic alternative offered by the vkv as well

Here's a link =>

https://www.volvokv.nl/producten/pro...gory_pathway-2

I've been worried about water getting trapped between the panels - vinyl roofs for example are famous for it - which is why I'm planning to add in a sealant once I've got the trim in the correct position

It is - with out doubt - a daft system
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote