View Single Post
Old Dec 20th, 2018, 15:01   #526
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Kwas View Post
Army

Am I to take from this that you are using Heat-Shrink tubing to "add in some level of water tightness to this system"?

Nope not at all - the anti-water ingress steps are for the different previous subject - the silly vinyl trim between body and wings.

Thanks for the tips about wiring - I'll look into getting some Anti Corrosive Zinc Paste for the connections - I take it you think I should also use it before crimping on terminals as well as using it for screw / slide connectors?

The labelling system (different system!) is to help me and my short term and long term memory loss because I'm not at all accustomed to using wiring diagrams - in fact more often than not for modern cars in particular my head goes into overload panic mode when I see wiring diagrams for the first time - it takes a bit of time for me to calm the f down...

Test piece for the labelling shrink tube =>

^^^That's gonna be nice and neat and can be hidden under external wrap if I decide it looks too custom^^^

The labelling is 100% for my benefit because I am not at one with electrickery and I need the equivalent of a comfort blanket (!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 custom wiring loom3.JPG (146.8 KB, 60 views)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote