View Single Post
Old Feb 19th, 2019, 16:35   #613
Army
marches on his stomach

Default Mini update

I'm still mulling over how I'm going to safely connect the power from the alternator and battery to the rest of the car.

I have decided not to wire everything through the ignition switch - I will be using at least two mini relays and strip fuses with just a token signal wire running from the ignition. I'm still a bit unsure about the amperage calculations and I really need to crack on and get some more accurate data.

Which ever way I look at it I'm fairly sure the existing alternator is a bit on the small side =>

It is rated for 55W - I expect I don't need to have one that can supply everything in the worst case scenario but I need to check what's safest to fit (as in the most reliable)

The ignition switch was easy to find =>

I thought I'd found the headlight switch but it turns out to be the demister fan =>

I wonder where the headlight switch has gone?

####

In other news the reamer for the king pin replacement should be here soon so I've been a painting with Eastwoods rust encapsulator (after poo loads of angle grinder wire brushing as usual - followed by a good soaking in Rustyco rust eater before the rust encapsulator)

Slowly

Slowly
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote