View Single Post
Old Feb 20th, 2019, 16:17   #618
harpgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Army View Post
Whilst I've been busy connecting the dots (so to speak) between each component I'm wiring and joining things up to a fuse box the thought about how much power I'm going to need has suddenly dawned...

But I think because it is all in parallel the total current draw would be 100 amps
Was looking at this earlier and came up with this. Didn't get round to posting it.

As I know no better let's assume your calculations are correct.

Analysing your disaster scenario I believe a few items can be removed as I imagine you'll be pulling over if these are running constantly. Washer -5, horn -10,* brake lights -7 (incl trailer), indicators -10.5 (incl trailer), radio-5 (if you do fit it but imagine if you had power concerns you would turn this off), interior lights-1.5. That is 39 off your 100 leaving 61w consumption. Assuming your alternator is supplying the 55w on the rating then that is a 6w deficit to* come from the battery. You have quite a few hours battery capacity before that becomes an issue and if you can turn off any of rear screen heater, main beam, fog lights you would be back in positive territory and charging the battery.
harpgirl is online now   Reply With Quote