View Single Post
Old Dec 9th, 2017, 16:58   #4
memrys

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcturus View Post
Dan Jansson
Dan Jansson 9:30am Dec 9
From PV544B (VIN # 295500) the VIN number is stamped on the firewall above the heater unit. On earlier models the chassis number is only on the VIN plate.
Thank you.
It is a 1962 if that helps.
That's sort of what I was afraid of. the VIN on the firewall plate is easily accessible (though the heater unit on mine is gone), but California now requires 2 VINs for VIN verification. The fact that the vehicle did not come with two VINs is merely an indication that something hinkey is going on, and therefore the vehicle must be taken to the California Highway Patrol office 100 miles away, by appointment only, and only during working hours, so that they can inspect and investigate it, and then give it a new VIN number.

It wasn't a US federal requirement to have 2 VINs until the mid 60's, but since my other 1962 did have a second VIN stamped into the frame, I was hoping maybe I'd get lucky and the Volvo would have it too.

I didn't realize this was a UK forum when I signed up, but I didn't see a lot of forums that covered the PV. There were a lot of forums that covered my 244DL when I had one, but not so many for the PV.

Anyway,
Thank you again,
John
memrys is offline   Reply With Quote