View Single Post
Old Mar 3rd, 2014, 15:40   #8
Tony Ritson

Default V70 swirl flaps

Hi all
Having problems with engine service req coming on a number of times. the arm has been renewed by an indy but keeps coming off. the previous time I removed it completely and im pretty sure I moving the motor back and moved the butterfly and it has been ok with no message for a couple of months. The other day after higher than usual revs the message came back & can be erased by pressing the read button on the stalk. There is no lack of performance with the car and the position of the butterfly does not seem to have an effect on the engine could this have a detrimental effect ultimately(until a repair as per the posts on the nail repair and PDF explaining operation of swirl action) is done or a new swirl flap assembly is fitted indy wants £450 I trust this will include a modified connection on the butterfly-arm socket. The problem seems quite common and the concences of opinion on the repair is mixed, also which is open and closed on the flaps away or towards the block with the butterfly.
Thanks in advance for comments. Tony.
Tony Ritson is offline   Reply With Quote