View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2015, 00:22   #27
Arianne
Premier Member

Default Tortoise has now left the building....

Sorry for the delay guys (the Friday night 5-aside crew went Karting at Tranent for a change this week so I'm just back).

The tortoise has gone. Clelands were too busy to take the car without notice this morning - perhaps the place was crawling with tortoise? But, to be fair, they offered to look at it during the early afternoon. Mrs A needed it for her busy social diary so agreed to pop back later in the day...........

........by which time Mrs A had chosen herself to give it a blast down the A72 & back - and then confidently declared that the tortoise had gone missing. This afternoon, Clelands did the diagnosis and confirmed that there were no error codes.

So (and folks I warned you about the complex diesel stuff just a few days ago) it was diagnosed as the DPF regeneration - and that Mrs A had done this on her A72 trip.

I have just one comment to make. My old XC90 actually had a specific message that told you if the DPF needed a good regeneration. This 'new, improved, XC60 gives you a picture of a tortoise and a generic, almost meaningless message. Plus an orange engine block light with the work 'check' next to it. That, my friends, is progress!

Well, I think we can all agree that it was fun while it lasted. Let's put this one back in its box until the Spring!

A good weekend to fellow forum members.

Arianne

PS. If you have a VEA D4 then we are happy to have brought you this piece of research