View Single Post
Old Jan 8th, 2016, 11:13   #5
supermum

Default XC60 water leak from sunroof or windscreen???

Over Xmas my car developed a leak and there was water in the passenger footwell(massive puddle) and the panoramic sunroof flew open whilst driving and wouldn't close. Ten minutes later it shut itself. The recovery garage sealed the sunroof with corrosion film and took the fuse out of the sunroof cntrols. As I was in a stormy area I contacted my insurance company and they came out to inspect the car. They have now declined the claim as there are too many XC60's having this issue and are using that are their get out clause even although they didn't take time t inspect exactly where the water was coming from. Since the sunroof is sealed I have had no more leaking so could this even be windscreen bonding issue? Contacted Volvo and they have agreed to rebond the screen at their cost but no so willing to pay for any electrical faults that have occurred. My AC is now not working and I have a airbag light on. I have to take the car to local Volvo to have an inspection, any advise greatly appreciated. Surely this is a big safety worry if windscreens are not bonded properly. Why are Volvo not advising owners, they told me that all 2010 -2013 models can have windscreen boding redone as a gesture of goodwill but will not admit any liability?>>

Last edited by supermum; Jan 8th, 2016 at 11:15. Reason: spelling
supermum is offline   Reply With Quote