Thread: t5 / vxr ???
View Single Post
Old Oct 3rd, 2019, 10:07   #17
LizardOfBodom
WowIcanwriteAnythingHere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by T5R92011 View Post
That is interesting Welton, I know with mine that if I hold the speed at 70mph in 4th gear (around 3,500rpm) and then begin to accelerate to 100mph, the turbo spools up and sustains it's boost whistle until I back off the throttle, at which point the "tisss" noise from wastegate is heard.
this
I can hear mine spools from 2500, its a nice, subtle high-pitch whistle if accelerating very slowly. When floored, its a whoosh of air intake and then when release its a nice PFsssssss or air release.

It can actually be modulated easily via accelerator pedal even on low speeds, I drive to work trough walled streets and often I put my window down and gently woosh-psss for a while just to hear the engine doing it. After some practice you can do it almost "on demand" whenever you fell like it, sometimes you can observe peoples reaction like "wait, what?" when my unsuspecting 'volvo estate' passes by Love it as its not obtrusive like "look at me" modified exhaust, but for a car-fan ear its distinctive enough to pick up the "somethings nice under the hood there" vibe :}