View Single Post
Old Jul 18th, 2019, 10:12   #12
Clan
Experienced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlornick View Post
Yeah, not sure, seems like it would. Researched it a bit more and found this:

https://volvoforums.com/forum/volvo-...t-iv-so-79499/

That link you provided looks easier to work with, but I'd need a couple more slots, think? maybe? I've installed a few car stereos over the years, so stripping and crimping is in my limited range. I wouldn't trust my soldering skills for this though! The encouraging thing is that the original panel looks like it's using those sliding tab connectors that would really make it fairly easy to swap out once I got it all sorted.

I'm going to put that job towards the bottom of my to-do list for this car, but if I keep having trouble with those ancient fuses, I might tackle it sooner.

Thanks!
Yes each fuse supplies more than one circuit so you would need several wires to fit on one tag on the output side . also the input side of the fuse box has links joining several tags together , so that one cable in supplies several fuses ..

Your fuse box has quality copper fuse holders , just bend them tighter and find some quality fuses with ceramic bodies and copper fuse wire . The ones with plastic bodies and alluminium fuse material are rubbish .