View Single Post
Old Oct 15th, 2018, 09:17   #21
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by green van man View Post

A friend had a phone call that his dad had been rushed to hospital 80 miles away, once he hit the M4 he admits to as fast as the car would go which was over 100 mph. He got to the hospital in time to say goodbye to his dad, fully accepts his actions were illegal and if caught would of accepted any and all penalties. All I say to those whom would judge, what would you do in similar circumstance?

Paul.

As an aside, whenever I'm on the M4, which is quite a bit, camera and patrol areas apart, almost every single car on the M4 travels at least 80mph, almost the entire motorway of cars drive at 80mph, likewise many motorways, and given that the average speed in the far overtaking lane is for most of the time early eighties up to mid nineties, this isn't very unusual behaviour by your friend. Its the tailgating, braking distances and driving skills, or lack of, that cause the accidents at these speeds. If you friend drove safely at 100mph in the overtaking lane then he would stand out

Pistonhead witnesses back me up on average motorway speeds on various motorways: https://www.pistonheads.com/gassing/...&t=526834&i=20

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: