View Single Post
Old Jun 15th, 2021, 21:08   #69
Stephen Edwin
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foggyjames View Post
Yes, substantially...but I don't think it takes away from your point. It isn't going to do much good if it's forcibly removed, and it seems to be an absolute epidemic at the moment, with little being done to combat it, sadly. A friend has had three cats stolen in the last couple of months, and another had his taken from a V70R a few weeks ago.

An element of proactivity wouldn't go amiss. It could always be reinstalled once scrap prices drop and the current trend dies down. Guards are another option.

cheers

James

Thank you.

Cogitating, I reckon government could do more. Scrap dealers so far as I know have to check evidence of ID. Now how about having to see original document evidence of the vehicle that a catalytic convertor has been taken from. And for example evidence from the building owner if roof lead is offered for sale .....

Some scrap metal dealers just must be saying, I am blind in one eye I really cannot see the signal. (The Battle of Copenhagen? )

Stephen

—Bertrand Russell
Stephen Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stephen Edwin For This Useful Post: