View Single Post
Old Aug 13th, 2017, 10:41   #7
S60D5-185
Me ? Surely Not!

Location: 2007 Volvo XC90 D5 Geartronic. South of Hadrians Wall.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw90 View Post
Thanks for this. Really giving me some confidence in getting it, always wanted 1 as i said and to be honest would pay for a recon box but dont want to do it just after i get the dam thing. See i thought it would have been the 6 speed box but the hpi definitely said t speed auto, could have been just around the time of the time of the changeover to the 6.

I love the look of the R, far more aggressive looking but just too much potential problems for me wanting a daily driver.

I agree, the R looks terrific and when running correctly is a wonderful car BUT in real time day to day driving I cannot see where it offers much over a 2.4 T5 performance wise and that engine is as tough as old boots if maintained properly.

T5 would be my choice every time.

If you are testing the car slide the gear lever to the left to access the manual mode and see how many gears show up on the display when you finally get it into top gear.

I have a D5 XC70 with the earlier 5 speed geartronic and it behaves itself even with 176k on it BUT the first thing I did on buying it was to change the belts and the auto fluid. As Rossi correctly said, get the car well and truly up to full operating temperature as any gearbox issues should show themselves then even though it may appear perfect when cold

Check that the belts have been changed and that there is documentary evidence.

If not, use it as a bargaining point but get them ALL done as soon as you get it.

2007 Volvo XC90 D5 SE Geartronic

Last edited by S60D5-185; Aug 13th, 2017 at 10:44.
S60D5-185 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S60D5-185 For This Useful Post: