View Single Post
Old Jan 23rd, 2018, 17:09   #18
Army
marches on his stomach

Default Chasing after paint codes

This is turning into a bit of a ball ache.

I went and saw a really nice lady who spent flipping ages scanning and reproducing the colour for me. She did a good job - I just bought a tester for 10 euros only to find that she can not mix automotive paint that does not need a clear coat...

The picture above shows the under colour she mixed. When / if you clear coat it, it goes a bit darker which would be about right.

Unfortunately she wasn't able (or perhaps willing?) to transpose her recipe values back into the nearest original Volvo code so I'm no further with finding out what exactly the new red colour is called.

Bummer.

I've had to do what I didn't want to do - order four different Volvo reds - lucky dip - from the online paint place I usually use.

40 Euros lighter in the pocket - and - it might not come good. Even the Dutch National Lottery doesn't have as bad odds as that! (Well actually they do - but hey spend a certain amount and they give you a tenner back which the paint shop most certainly does not)

########

Another subject:

I noticed this =>

Left hand side

Right hand side

I hope there's enough wiggle space to get the gaps between the lights and panel edges a bit more similar (!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 paint match trial1.jpg (93.4 KB, 186 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 rear light position LHS.jpg (120.0 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg 1961 Volvo pv544 rear light position RHS.jpg (100.7 KB, 187 views)
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote