View Single Post
Old Oct 28th, 2020, 11:04   #743
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocinante View Post
I know you've had some flak about the bare metal finish, but for what it's worth, I quite like it. I hadn't noticed obvious damage from the photographs I'd seen and that's why I assumed there was undocumented repairs carried out.

Not so sure about the "pinstripes" with the bare metal finish though, but I'm sure it'll look good whatever you decide.

Just need to get your workshop finished.
Thinking about it:- There was at least one dent on the car that had been filled with silly amounts of filler that was easily pushed out by hand but hardly any real hammer and dolly dent removal has been done...

...the process of removing all of that filler was a pain in the arse. It did however reveal what I felt was a really nice old car. It is in really good condition for a car that has been used and abused.

The filler was so bad bumps and the scrapes seemed really friendly and characterful. Once allof that plastic crap was removed I felt like the battle scars deserved to be shown.

It is strange but the matte clear coat feels amazing - when you touch the dents and the scrapes the car feels friendly...

...it is weird but I'm kinda in love with it (!) at the moment.

I might decide I don't like after all, however, and paint it properly like a grown up. In which case at least I've done a load of preparation...
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote