View Single Post
Old Oct 2nd, 2013, 02:37   #1
zerocool

Default car sitting for awhile

I found a 01 s60 t5 w/64k on the clock. paint and interior look to be in awesome shape (very clean) well with the low moles i ran a carfax , and this carfax says the airbags were deployed in 04 when it had 63k and change on the counter. it seems the car has sat for around 9 years. the car has new tires on it , fresh oil change , and it seems the interior has been cleaned very well. air bag deployment was due to hitting a tree. well the air bags have been replaced. however i have a concern with this car sitting for 9 years. due to the good paint i would assume is was kept inside a garage. my concern is the non movement in 9 years. so the question is what should be replaced or flushed as far as liquids? im gonna buy the car for $6k. after i purchse this ride , what should i look at and check to see if certain parts are good and not dry rotted? any idea's would be helpful. Im sure i might want to replace some hoses or flush some liquids. just looking for a heads up on this deal. any info would be great. got the oil changed , and i looked over the engine , just didnt notice anything bad. no service lights are on.
zerocool is offline   Reply With Quote