View Single Post
Old May 25th, 2012, 09:38   #28
Laney760
VOC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57RKL View Post
I saw two today, a saloon and estate. Both cars poorly maintained rusty roof rack on one and bird s*** all over the other. 740s dont seem to have any enthusiast following and I expect the 940s will end up the same. No takers for my 740 Turbo Estate at £350 !

Woah, things aren't always what they seem! I live under a canopy of trees and my 760 gets absolutely splattered by pigeons in just one night. My 940 is parked a bit away from the trees and that gets quite splattered in just one night. We've still got a hose pipe on here in the Thames Valley and even if we didn't have I can't clean two cars more than once a week due to physical limitations (illness) let alone time restrictions and I couldn't afford a car wash at £6 every day, £42 a week, that doesn't shift the poo anyway. Many people who live out in the sticks have this problem, it doesn't mean they don't care about their cars. I had to deliberately buy my 940 checking out the paint code first to make sure it's of the type that is unphased by bird poo

Current '96 945 2.3 lpt - Aurigas, tailgate spoiler, sports grille, lpg fuelled
Previous '88 764 TD, '92 945 TD, '88 745, '81 244 DL
Laney760 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laney760 For This Useful Post: