View Single Post
Old Feb 6th, 2019, 10:59   #5
Army
marches on his stomach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
Hi Army
It's difficult looking at a random bit of car you're not familiar with.
It's rear suspension, forward of the rear wheel. Bolt goes through bracket, support arm with rubber bush and into chassis rail. Location is just before the chassis loops upwards over rear axle to the rear. I've attached another photo that may clarify things. Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
Ah, the joys of working on old cars!

Are you sure that's a captive nut?

From memory (I replaced all my arms & installed polybushes a few years back on my 1970 133) the nut on the ‘other’ side is not captive – try hammering a decent socket on see if you can wind the nut off (the nut should be ˝ inch). Get a bit of heat on the nut first and with luck you’ll get the damn thing off quite easily.

Part number is 955569 for the bolt and 950356 for the bolt. Brookhouse (as always): https://www.classicvolvoparts.co.uk/...Bolts_Nuts_ETC.

ALWAYS use new nuts and bolts on suspension when re-fitting as the old ones may look fine, but you never know what horrors many decades of stress may have done to the internals. Replaced all mine with new from Brookhouse so I know they are the correct nuts and bolts for the job.
Now I see!

I think it is worth checking like Faust says it could well be a nut on the other end - it is on my PV
1992 Mercedes 190E The car that works!
Army is offline   Reply With Quote