Thread: Any Advice?
View Single Post
Old Jan 20th, 2020, 20:24   #17
Chris152

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laird Scooby View Post
As for diagnosis, the K-jet Vs the later L-jet, LH-Jet etc is very much swings and roundabouts. Some faults are easier to diagnose on the K-Jetronic and others are easier on the L or LH-Jetronic
I read that and my head started spinning, but I like the 'suck, squeeze, bang, blow' bit, I followed that! I can see we need to do some reading...

I saw the DL advertised on here but we've spoken about it and it's pretty clear that we need to get something we can sit in and drive home and hopefully, having watched this evening's Car SOS (Rover P6) has solid bodywork. I'd rather we spend the extra and get something that's up and going properly so he can work to improve things rather than rebuild, if we can get it at the right price. That said, the market's not exactly flooded with them at the moment, so we'll have to see what comes up - though he's clear it needs to be petrol and manual (I loved my auto, but clearly he knows better).

It's all quite complex when you come to this new - I've just been reading the Wikipedia entry on the 240, too many variables and I've found your thoughts far more helpful in trying to narrow things down.

Thanks all.
C
Chris152 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Chris152 For This Useful Post: