View Single Post
Old Jan 24th, 2008, 22:29   #21
bb54
diy bhp

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimathan View Post
Hi Wayne. Im sure it helps to some extent. What it won’t do however is remove the particulates that build up in the filter within the injector. They can only be removed by back flushing. Trust me on this, there is always loads of muck comes out. The fuel filters fitted to modern cars are very good but they don’t stop everything. In addition to the varnish type deposits, the moving parts of the injector become sluggish. This can make them slow to respond, making them stay open longer, or stay closed for longer. One thing I have noticed is that when they have been through the ultrasonic cleaner, they sound sharper or crisper. They also become more uniform when pattern testing at minimum demand at high revs. Say for instance when you just put your foot gently on the gas pedal at high speed. This makes the pick up smoother.
Think of it like flushing out a radiator. You can put all the correct chemicals in and drive around for a day or two, then flush it through with clean water. Then, when you decide its still not write, you take it off, shake it, and back flush it. You always get some more crud out of it.
Jim
cheers Jim,that wasnt a "im trying to catch you out" question by the way.
i regulary use injector cleaners as many people do and was wondering why these produdcts dont take care of my injectors.
i now know.
they only work in one direction
ill have mine in the post to you shortly mate.
i have a second set of blue injectors from a 96 auto T5, if they are of some use to you and you can do me a favour on the cleaning price they are yours.
ill send you my spare ones for cleaning and if you want another set ill send you the ones that are on my motor at the moment.
giz a pm if you would like them.

wayne

auto 96 T5
tweaked n ratted